Sunday, December 11, 2005

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINEEE

Let Your Light Shine
Monday, 11/28/2005


You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill can not be hidden. No one after lighting a lamp puts it under a bushel basket, but rather on a lamp stand and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works.


So many of us seem to be afraid to let our light shine. By that I mean to bring ourselves fully into the world, shining as brightly as possible without reservations or apologies. There are lots of reasons for this phenomenon. In my own case it was because of being raised in a dysfunctional environment where it was dangerous to speak out or even be noticed. My survival strategy was to become as invisible as I could make myself. Over the years I got very good at it.It was about half way through my forties that I realized I was missing life somehow. I began to explore this "dark emptiness inside" and made a great discovery; I had always been a spectator of life and never a participant! At that moment I made a promise to myself to get off the bench and on to the playing field. I decided I would make a difference in the outcome of the game, not just watch it unfold.",1]
);
//-->


The game of life can be fun to watch but it is a whole lot more fun and fulfilling to play, even if we get knocked around from time to time.
"There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you."
~Marianne Williamson
Make it a fun week.
Love and blessings,
Rick and PatriciaNamaste

No comments: