Thursday, March 29, 2007

a poem by tawana williams

LORD, WHY ME?
I often asked the question, Lord why me?
You must have seen something in me, which I didn't see
I know that I was not a mistake, because mistakes you
never make
How much more of this hurt and shame, Lord, how much more
can I take?
You see, man looks at the outside, but you looked on the inside,
and made sure that my heart was pure
You gave me power, and the will to fight, and you knew that
I would endure
But it wasn't easy, there was always a struggle, because I
always had to fit in
And I learned real quick that trying to fit in, always lead to sin
The devil slipped in and packaged sin, and made it look real good
I did things for money and drugs, I never thought I would
I should've none better, and listened to my elders, but, I learned
a valuable lesson
I went through so much, and the Lord brought me out, because he
knew, that I would be a blessing
Who would've ever thought that you would use me as you do, to
change the many lives of others, but I thank you for the spirit that
gave to me, to help my sisters and brothers
Lord, you saved me just in the knick of time, when I thought that it
was the end
I shall never let those words come out of my mouth, Lord why me,
ever again
By: Tawana Williams© 2005

No comments: