Friday, November 26, 2010

good thots

View change as the one constant in your life. Welcome it. Expect it. Anticipate it."

~Denis Waitley

"I've learned to become adaptable to the coming of each season for every leaf that changes color, changes for a reason."

~Linda Elli
"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold or silver."

~Mahatma Gandhi

"Realize that your health is your wealth. Make yourself a priority. You're worth it!"

~Vicki Hitzges
Look at everything as though you are seeing it for the first time, with eyes of a child, fresh with wonder."

~Joseph Cornell

"I urge all of you to enjoy your life, every precious moment on this earth. Spend each day with some laughter. Don't be afraid to feel; to get your emotions going. Be enthusiastic, because nothing great can be accomplished without enthusiasm. Live your dreams."

~Jim Valvano
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are you trying to do with your life?

What are your greatest gifts?

What are you meant to do here?

How can you best serve mankind?

These are questions you must answer to find your true purpose in life. They sometimes surface during major life transitions such as family strife, job loss, spiritual awakenings, or the death of a loved one.

I feel fortunate to have found my purpose in life. I have that reason to get up in the morning and it fuels my passion. In one of the greatest compliments I ever received, someone said to me, "Mac, when you write you've been blessed with the ability to connect with others...soul to soul." I thought about those words and have chosen to shape my life around that gift.

Every person is a unique being. There is only one of you in the universe. You have many obvious gifts and other gifts waiting to be discovered.

I truly believe, however, that one of the most important questions you can ask yourself in your journey to find your purpose is, "How can I serve others?" Albert Schweitzer said it well:"I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve."

It is my sincere hope that The Nature of Success will be a useful and practical tool to help you:

Discover your personal definition of success
Discover your core existence, or your reason for being
Set clearly defined goals
Never waiver in your belief that you can achieve them
Manage your attitude
Persevere when adversity strikes...and it will
Learn to take risks and embrace change
Keep kindness in your heart...always
Love and be loved
Make a difference whenever, wherever, and however, you can.
Success is a very personal thing, but I think most people would agree that true success is about being fulfilled in life. It's that feeling of deep satisfaction that starts in your soul and radiates through your being. The end result is true happiness and peace of mind.

In The Nature of Success, I've enjoyed sharing many personal stories about my "lessons learned" in business and in life. I've discovered that many times it's not what you say, but how you say it that turns the switch from "off" to "on." For me, the right story, at the right time in my life, can do it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you bless the good that befalls others, it becomes yours as well.

-- Alan Cohen

When we are judging others, we have no time to love them."

~Mother Teresa

"Judging others, I have discovered, does not let in joy. Stepping away from judgment does."

~Kate Nowak

Families are like fudge -- mostly sweet with a few nuts.

-- Source unknown

No comments: