Sunday, March 06, 2011

good thots

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.

-- Goethe

The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak."

~Hans Hofmann

"Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself, and then do what is necessary to make it a reality."

~Ralph Marston
The less you believe you have to do, the more you achieve what you need to do.

-- Alan Cohen

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking."

~Marcus Aurelius

"One of the most important keys to living a happy life is to clearly identify your core values. You must decide what matters most."

~Mac Anderso

The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them.

-- George Bernard Shaw

The only question in life is whether or not you are going to answer a hearty 'Yes!' to your adventure."

~Joseph Campbell

"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

~Albert Einstein

A man's life is what his thoughts make of it."

~Marcus Aurelius

"People with goals succeed because they know where they're going. It's that simple."

~Earl Nightingale

When I'm tempted to get alarmed," he confided, "I tell myself, 'Fred, you've got to wait to worry! Until you know differently, don't worry.' And I don't. Waiting to worry helps me develop the habit of not worrying and that helps me not be tempted to worry."

No comments: